This position is responsible for performing maintenance, repair and inspection work on Pottle’s fleet of 160+ trucks. Must have the ability to work with and communicate with the general public and co-workers in a professional manner. The major areas of responsibility of this position are:
- Preventative maintenance on all equipment
- Repair and/or install of air conditioning units of trucks
- Electrical work on trucks (i.e. micro motors, heater motors)
- Perform clutch repairs
- Motor overhauls (injector replacement)
- ABS braking system
- Tire balancing
- Transmission repair and diagnosis
- Trouble shooting of truck malfunctions
The successful candidate will be detail and safety oriented. Maine State Inspection License and tire, ABS brake, ASE certifications a plus. Proficiency in Vcads Pro Software desirable. Prior heavy equipment experience or trade school required.
We provide specialty tools, but expect you to provide basic tools and a tool box. We will also provide uniforms and a uniform cleaning service.