This position is responsible for performing maintenance, repair, and inspection work on Pottle’s fleet of 575+ trailers. Must have the ability to work with and communicate with the general public and co-workers in a professional manner. The major areas of responsibility of this position are:
- Perform routine and preventative maintenance and repair in a safe and efficient manner
- Observe, note, and report any deficiencies in the condition of company equipment
- Perform Truck and Trailer alignments
- Enter data regarding repairs, time spent, and parts
- Maintain work area and cleanliness of shop ensuring safety and compliance
- Maintain proficiency on equipment and technologies that enhance Pottle’s productivity
- Follow Pottle’s policy and procedures in making repairs
- Abide by all safety protocols, including PPE
The successful candidate will have trade school or an apprenticeship on trailer repair and will be detail and safety oriented. Skilled in use of Cutting and Welding Torch preferred. MCT Tire Certification, ABS Brake Certification, Maine State Inspection License is a plus. Familiar with TMT Pro Software desirable, prior heavy equipment experience or trade school required.
We provide specialty tools, but expect you to provide basic tools and a tool box. Pottle’s will also provide uniforms and a uniform cleaning service.
Must have proper physical abilities to lift and carry up to 100 pounds for short distance. Must be able to stoop, kneel, stand and reach for long periods of time; on various surfaces. This position requires the ability to inspect and perform work in, on or under parts of a trailer. Must be able to communicate sufficiently by telephone, see sufficiently to examine documents and view a computer monitor and complete basic data entry tasks.